Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Inspiration behind Dw33b Collection #002 A Mermaid's Dreams


A Mermaid's Dreams

My Dw33b Collection has to do with Mermaids. When i was a kid i seriously believed in their existence and then as i grew up my sister corrected me and told me instead of looking like this, they look like this! O well...One can dream ^_^


Freedom to be me

Dw33b Collection #002 A mermaid's Dreams  Freedom to be me

This is one of my favorite among the Dw33b Collection.

The inspiration behind the collection was that I thought of the lovely endless blue sky, the sounds of the crashing waves, the feel of the sand in between one's toes, the broken seashells while looking for a perfect one and the tiny crabs that run across the sand.
Hahahah Those things might be good or bad depending on one's person opinion.
Just looking at the beach makes me think of stories from the storybooks about Mermaids. Do they exist? Maybe or maybe not.
With this collection I imagine these would be the types of colors the female mermaids would wear on days when they watch a storm or swim around with their friends as they look around the world they live in.

Right at this moment the tune from the Little Mermaid Disney is playing in my head

"Under the sea~~~
Under the sea~~
Under the Water~~
hmmmm Fish swim happily and free~~~~"

Hahahaha i think i just got the lyrics wrong..
Sorry Sebastian the Crab! (I am a fan of yours though)

I grew up with three versions of what happened to the mermaid when she fell in love with a prince who lived in a world different than hers literally.
  1. As we all know Ariel the Disney Mermaid stayed on Land with her True Love, They married and even had a child. Almost everyone was happy except for the Witch, her eel helpers and of course the "Crazy" Chef (A classic Character!!). That was the happy ending.
  2. The second one was the true classic where the mermaid jumps into the sea and ends up turning into foam because the prince married anothe girl he had mistaken as the one who saved him. She in a sense "died", I cried my eyes out when i read this one. She still wished him the best in the end.
  3. Finally my personal favorite, The mermaid found her voice with the help of her wonderful sisters and managed to tell the Prince in her own Voice the truth before he could say "yes" to the girl he thought was the one. The Prince followed her back to her Kingdom with the help of a potion where they both still lived ruling the Undersea Kingdom happily together. (They both did not have Fish Tails though)
If you read this far on this post, I copy and pasted this from the Dw33b Online store. Arranged the structure a bit though!

The next part isn't copy and pasted so..... READ ON! : p


This collection really what drove me to create more jewelry with soft colors.
The options became endless combination! I was in awe when I finished this collection and I felt a kind of happiness because I made it with my own two hands. I could not believe it myself ans still have to shake my self sometimes. The earrings were the trigger as I made the bracelets after them. I had to redo the earrings a couple of times as they were not to my liking.

After starting to do handmade jewelry, I began to gain respect to the people who do this for a living. They are simply amazing people who live, dream and breath their art.

I actually made some pieces for my siblings according to their specifications and tried my best with the limited abilities I have. Will ask them for their permission to take photos and post it here ^_^


Dw33b*

No comments:

Post a Comment