Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Inspiration for Dw33b Collection #001

Dw33b Collection #001

This is my very FIRST Dw33b collection that I posted on my online store - Dw33b on 9/6/09 of last year. I was still in University of Brunei Darussalam (graduation was still far away and I was counting the days). I even finally got the nerve to start my blog after my family support.

This Broken City is the work of hard labor and lots of love. I strained my neck as I joined the jump rings one by one with my jewelry equipment. It was and still is WORTH all the effort!


Actually it did not really look like this in the beginning, I had to make some DRASTIC changes to the original design.
Sadly, no photo of it but I remember it in my head so clearly and I promise myself NEVER to use the original (or is first draft a better word?)design as it was not safe to wear.

How did I decide it was not safe to wear?

Well ~~ Every design I make especially METAL base ones , I would wear first
(I have a prototype of each jewelry : P )before I would put it on Dw33b's store.
I believe quality and safety comes in hand in hand when making jewelry.

This is the story as to why I am cautious when it comes to the design

Let me recount the story without going too much into detail.
I went out with my sibling and Auntie to Yayasan (Our capital Bandar Seri Begawan shopping area). It was on that day I decided to use the Broken City Bracelet "prototype" ^_^ to see if it would be ok to use on a daily basis.
We were on our way home and my sibling was driving and talking to our Auntie.
Suddenly my sibling had to slam the brakes to prevent from colliding with the car ahead of us.
I was sitting in the back seat and kinda collided with the front chair
(Note to self- Wear a seat belt when sitting in the back )
as a result of the sudden brake my arm got a LONG visible scratch on my arm due to the bracelet, nobody was hurt but the bracelet (the first design) was a safety hazard. It took awhile for the scratch to go away and it became a reminder to myself to be careful.
So I redesign it and it turned out well.

It took me a couple of weeks and I managed to come up with the final design. After the bracelet, the earrings and necklace came easily.

It may be found here (Will redirect you to Dw33b's Store)


That is all that I shall say regarding for now...
I shall be back to post again!
Dw33b*

No comments:

Post a Comment